- Cratis D. Williams Memorial Graduate Fellowship in Appalachian Studies Endowment
- Do Unto Others Scholarship in Appalachian Studies (graduate)
- Dr. Carl A. and Charlotte T. Ross Scholarship (graduate or undergraduate)
- Anne and Alex Bernhardt Endowed Scholarship in Appalachian Music (graduate concentration or undergraduate minor in Appalachian Music)
- Edward J. Cabbell Endowed Scholarship in Appalachian Studies (graduate for research/travel)
- William C. Friday Research Fellowship in Appalachian Studies (graduate)
- William C. Lindley, Jr. Memorial Scholarship for the Center for Appalachian Studies (graduate)
Gender, Women's and Sexuality Studies
Frances Holland Black Endowment for Women's Studies
This scholarship provides funds for graduate and undergraduate women to support internships that develop feminist perspectives. Each semester one student may receive up to $500.00 if they have been accepted into an internship program with relevance to GWS issues. For more information contact email@example.com.
Maggie McFadden Fund for Women's Studies Student Development
The Maggie McFadden Fund provides financial assistance for students wishing to attend GWS academic conferences. Students planning to attend a conference can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Derek J. Stanovsky Social Justice Fund
- McFarlane Family International Travel and Research Endowment for Watauga Global Community
- O.K. Webb Endowment
- Watauga Residential Scholarship
Study Abroad Scholarships and Programs
- The Office of International Education and Development has scholarships available for semester- or year-long study abroad programs.
- The Office of Student Research has scholarship funding available for students going abroad to do research.
- Cultural Vistas (formerly CDS International): programs and internships abroad for young professionals
- Fulbright: US English Teaching Assistantship in Austria: Since 1963, the U.S. English Language Teaching Assistantship Program in Austria has provided U.S. college graduates with opportunities to work at secondary schools throughout Austria as teaching assistants.