Gender, Women's and Sexuality Studies
Frances Holland Black Endowment for Women's Studies
This fund in Women's Studies provides funds for graduate and undergraduate women students to support internships that develop feminist perspectives. Each semester one student may receive up to $500.00 if they have been accepted into an internship program with relevance to GWS issues.
To apply for funds from the Gender, Women's, and Sexuality Program, you should submit to that office a letter requesting the funds during the semester prior to the internship by March 30. A copy of the letter confirming acceptance in an internship from an agency or organization is required. For more information about this opportunity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maggie McFadden Fund for Women's Studies Student Development
The Maggie McFadden Fund provides financial assistance for students wishing to attend GWS academic conferences. Students planning to attend a conference can contact email@example.com.
- Cratis D. Williams Memorial Graduate Fellowship in Appalachian Studies Endowment
- Do Unto Others Scholarship in Appalachian Studies (graduate)
- Dr. Carl A. and Charlotte T. Ross Scholarship (graduate or undergraduate)
- Anne and Alex Bernhardt Endowed Scholarship in Appalachian Music (graduate concentration or undergraduate minor in Appalachian Music)
- Edward J. Cabbell Endowed Scholarship in Appalachian Studies (graduate for research/travel)
- William C. Friday Research Fellowship in Appalachian Studies (graduate)
- William C. Lindley, Jr. Memorial Scholarship for the Center for Appalachian Studies (graduate)
- Derek J. Stanovsky Social Justice Fund
- McFarlane Family International Travel and Research Endowment for Watauga Global Community
- O.K. Webb Endowment
- Watauga Residential Scholarship
Consider scholarships offered by the college. Visit the college website to see the qualifications for each scholarship offered. For more questions, contact the Dean's office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 262-3078.
- Sally A. Callegari Memorial Scholarship for Gender Diversity in Animal Studies
- Drs. Joanne Smith and Don R. Brannon Scholarship for Natural Sciences
- Richard A. Thomas Memorial Scholarship for Arts and Sciences
- Jonathan K. Perryman Memorial Scholarship for the Sciences
- GlaxoSmithKline Women in Science Scholarships
- The Peggy Harmon Shore Pre-Health Care Professional Endowed Scholarship
Scholarships Opportunities and Special Programs for Study Abroad
- The Office of International Education and Development has scholarships available for students applying for a semester- or year-long study abroad program
- The Office of Student Research has scholarship funding available for students going abroad to do research.
- The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs has databases of funding opportunities.
- Cultural Vistas (formerly CDS International): programs and internships abroad for young professionals
- Fulbright: US English Teaching Assistantship in Austria: Since 1963, the U.S. English Language Teaching Assistantship Program in Austria has provided U.S. College and university graduates with opportunities to work at secondary schools throughout Austria as teaching assistants.
- Boren Scholarship
- Boren Fellowship
- Critical Language Scholarship Awards
- Fulbright Student Grants
- Gilman International Scholarship
- Goldwater Scholarship